Sunday, May 11, 2008

I would like you to meet Elsa.
Like Me, Elsa is not of this province - although, unlike me, she is Canadian!

Earlier today I asked Elsa if she would like to come up with a challenge for this blog. And just as she rose to the challenge of posting her previous layout on the CTMH artboard (& she's getting loads of praise for it there, too, let me tell ya) she accepted this challenge and was back as fast Speed Racer! So, without further ado - here's what Elsa has to say:-

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms, Grandmas, Step-Moms and Moms-to-be! Karen issued me a challenge to get my creative juices flowing. I have been feeling slightly inadequate in my abilities to be a (CTMH) consultant and just feeling generally overwhelmed with the everyday demands of life. I remember feeling that way back in the deepest, darkest, coldest days of winter here in Saskatchewan. It was my first winter you see, I moved here in October from the mild west-coast of BC.

Anyways...that got me thinking about a page I had created at that time that really lifted my spirits up. It got me to focus on the aspects of my life I was grateful for instead of dwelling on the negative. Perception is everything they say!

So my challenge for you is to think of 10 things you are grateful for. It could be the smallest thing like favorite slippers or the big things like having healthy, happy children....whatever YOU are grateful for. Use papers you love, funky embellishments you have always wanted to use and try a layout you saw and really like....heck make your own layout as you go! (My layout idea came from the Jan/Feb 08 issue of Simple Scrapbooks magazine) Make this all about you...live it up girlfriends, it's our day today!!

I'm off to come up with something myself. Now, Can you do it?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Awesome challenge! I can do it! Thanks Elsa.