Friday, January 4, 2008

Part of my create something everyday posts - here are some cards I've been working on. I could be really smart here and post one a day - but that would be cheating myself too. If you have a birthday coming up this month maybe you shouldn't be looking for now. (You know who you are!)
First up, a wedding anniversary card - for my husband. Afterward I wished I had been brave and tried a blue instead of pink - but at the time I just couldn't envision it!













Anyhow, hubby was happy that I did remember our anniversary after all and loved the card!

Here are the two (so far) January birthday cards.

This one is for a friend. Her favourite colour is Yellow. Yep, this is the girl who made us wear yellow bridesmaids dresses! A pink card would go straight in the garbage can - if I ws brave enough to send her one coloured pink!
This one uses the CTMH paper pack "Caprice" - which I love and use often. The flower is from the CTMH stamp set that came in the From Me To You card making promotion. Chocolate brads and Sweet Leaf Sassy Strands hold down the "For You" tag.


This one is for my friends husband - I was trying to stay away from the more "traditional" male card looking thing it's supposed to be a bit playful - the card shows his birth date (on the clock) and his age - just to rub it in that he is older than me!!
I love this new CTMH paper pack "Good Times". I also used a new CTMH stamp set - Count On It and an arrow from the new Dimensional Elements (actually, because I am cheap I didn't use the chipboard arrow from this set, I traced it onto chocolate cardstock, lightly sponged the edges with chocolate ink and set it on the card with pop dots. The Happy Birthday is from the From Me To You stamp set (as mentioned above). I think I could do more to finish this one - but not sure what. Can you help?

I still have two more January cards to make - better go get busy!

No comments: