Monday, January 7, 2008

I created a little something!
This card is for my husband's aunt who will be 70 and then some this month! I used the Close To My Heart Creative Basics kit Silhouette Collection from the NEW Idea Book (it comes with 8 sheets of the stripe & 8 of the pattern plus 8 yards of the black ribbon)I mixed in some Hollyhock cardstock (& ink)watercoloured the ribbon around the hat and the flowers - the flower on the hat is sat on a pop dot with a black brad through it I also pop dotted the top flower in the bottom right corner. I used a Stamp of the Month from December '06 - Youthfull Heart - never thought I'd ever use that stamp set and here I did! I also used some Liquid Glass on the ribbon around the hat to give it a bit of dimension.
I didn't really have a plan for the card - it just evolved & you know I'm not one to go the traditional route. I think I like how it turned out. All I knew was that it had to be an upright card - as I had already stamped the back with the Handmade by stamp!!
What I like even more about making your own cards is making them to suit the person you're sending them to - and this does the job perfectly.

No comments: